Instituto de Cibernética, Matemática y Física (ICIMAF)
Director of Institute of Cybernetics,
Mathematics and Physics (ICIMAF). Head of Digital Signal Processing Group.
Address: Calle 15 No.551, e/ C y D, CP. 10 400, Vedado, Habana, CUBA.
Telf: (537) 832 4085
E-mail : r r m @ icimaf.cu
EDUCACION (Higher degrees), University: Physics Faculty, Havana University from 1973 to 1978.
PhD Thesis: "José Antonio Echeverría" Technical University of Havana (ISPJAE), 1995.
Titular Adjunct Professor: Technical University of Havana from 1995.
Titular Researcher: "Dr. Carlos J. Finlay" Hospital, Havana, from 1996.
Dr. Sc Thesis, Havana, February 2017
Main duties: Formulate and direct research problems. Tutor of PhD and MSc thesis.
Develop postgraduate and training courses.
SCIENTIFIC FIELDS OF INTEREST
Fields of interest: Development of new algorithms for the image segmentation, Morphometrical analysis, Segmentation, Restoration, Mathematical Morphology, Visual pattern recognition, Analysis and Interpretation of images, Scale-space representation and Mean shift.
Main field of present activity: Applications of Digital Image Processing, segmentation and image analysis in biomedical problems, particularity, in malign tumours, atherosclerotic lesion, glaucoma disease and other pathologies.
* Editor in Chief of: Advances in Information Mining; Bioinfo Publications. http://www.bioinfo.in/contents.php?id=32&page=editorial
* Refereed papers for Journal of Intelligent & Robotic System, Kluwer Academic Publisher
* Refereed papers for several Proceeding Volumes for Springer-Verlag (Lecture note
on Computer Science) and World Scientific Press.
* Refereed papers for Journal of IEEE Transaction on Biomedical Engineering, USA
* Refereed papers for Journal of Pattern Recognition Letters and Pattern Recognition Research
* Refereed papers for Revista Iberoamericana de Computación y Sistema, México.
Another Activities: From 1992, Tutor over 35 thesis among Diploma thesis, Master and PhD thesis.
Tribunal over 40 works among specialist exams and other.
"Dr. Carlos J. Finlay", Republic of Cuba, 2013
National and International
Morphometrical Analysis by Digital Image Processing
Last modified: August, 2013